Pages

Wednesday, September 17, 2014

One-on-One with Hadley

Mike took Harrison and Hannah up to San Francisco last week for a couple days so I had the opportunity to be one-on-one with Hadley. What a joy. 



It was in those moments just the two of us, doing ordinary things, I could see the amazing little girl she has transformed into. Most the time life is flying by so quickly I get caught up. Too busy to see it. Sad really. But this unique opportunity to enjoy her came and I did just that, I enjoyed her. 

I asked her what she wanted to do and she rattled off about 35 little things she wanted to do with me. I kind of expected her to say something like Sea World, the Zoo or Disneyland. Instead, she said she wanted to draw, shop for food, roller skate, read books, play, decorate for the baby (meaning a baby shower I was hosting), go to the library and the list went on and on. How sweet. 

So we did just that. A million little things. On our own time with no one else interrupting or setting our agenda. We just floated along. She kept track of our list at the grocery store and loved it. She helped me pick out pretty flowers and arrange them. We played. We read. We cuddled. 

Total joy. 

I am so grateful for this mini glimpse into this amazing little girl who is my daughter. I am so grateful I had the chance to enjoy her. To slow down and BE with her. I am proud of the person she is. 




No comments:

Post a Comment