Pages

Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Rain Lover

Apparently there is a word for people like me. 

Pluviophile: (n) a lover of rain; someone who finds joy and peace of mind during rainy days 

Found on We Heart It
Rain drops are like magic and serenity all wrapped together. Sunshine and snow are lovely too but rain is what I crave. When I was little, my mom used to encourage me to dance in the rain and talk about how it was kisses being showered down from the heavens. We used to watch it drip on the windows in the car. She would share how she was waiting to use the windsheild wipers as long as possible. She cultivated a love of rain in me. At my core. 

I am begging the rain gods for a rainy day. A rainy day, a rainy night are my favorite. Snuggles. Warm fire and cozy jammies. Probably my all time favorite. Thanks Mom. 




No comments:

Post a Comment